Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By leaving your shoes in for repair you confirm that you have accepted the terms and conditions set out herein.
The Wall, us, we and our: means the climbing centre located at 5 Arkle Road, Sandyford, Dublin 18, owned and operated by Dublin Bouldering Gym Limited, trading as the Wall.
Things to bring to your attention
- If your shoes cannot be repaired, there is a €15 processing and postage fee.
- It takes between 6 and 8 weeks for shoes to be repaired from the date they are sent off.
- We only send your shoes once we have gathered enough together from other people to send a batch.
- Shoes must be clean. If the repair company won’t work on them because they are too dirty then you will still be charged a €15 processing and postage fee.
- Repairs are guaranteed for 6 months.
- You must pick your shoes up as soon as you are notified they are ready for collection. If you don’t pick them up we’re not responsible for them.
- If the courier loses your shoes we won’t replace them with the same make or model. We’ll only replace them with makes and models we stock. If we can’t find an alternative then we will only refund part of the value based on their age.
What we are offering
- Throwing your old climbing shoes away because, for example, the sole or rand have worn out sucks. It’s bad for the environment, expensive and painful (they always wear out just when they became comfy!). We have teamed up with a climbing shoe repair company to help keep you using your old shoes. So, before you leave your shoes with us, understand the following:
- We are responsible for gathering peoples climbing shoes together in one central location so we can send them off in one consignment. People can pick them up from us once they’re repaired.
- We don’t repair your shoes. We send them off to get repaired by a specialist climbing shoe repair company based in Europe. We aren’t responsible for the repair.
- We organise shipment through a courier recommended by the shoe repair company. We aren’t responsible for shipping your shoes to and from the shoe repair company, that’s the courier’s job.
Before leaving your shoes with us
- Please wash or clean your shoes following the manufacturer’s instructions. Your shoes must be clean before handing them in for repair. If they are not clean we may refuse to take them and the shoe repair company may refuse to repair them.
- Provide a telephone number and email address we can contact you on.
It’s a repair service
- Materials used for repairs may vary from those of the original manufacturer. The nature and availability of materials from manufacturers means the shoe repair company may not be able to offer an exact match to the original rubber or parts used. Most repairs will be visible on closer inspection. You should not expect a repair to be comparable to brand new appearance or performance.
- You have up to 14 days from receiving your shoes back to raise any concerns regarding the quality of the repair.
- The workmanship of repairs is guaranteed for 6 months from the date of repair. This excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, including improper care, treatment or exposure to conditions deemed beyond normal conditions, misuse or where the shoe or repair is deemed to have come to the end of its life through reasonable wear and tear. Any liability is limited to the repair only and excludes any consequential loss.
How long will it take?
- We recommend you allow between 6 and 8 weeks from the date your shoes are sent to the shoe repair company. We will email you when your shoes are picked up by the courier. This means it could be longer than 8 weeks if you left your shoes with us but we had to wait for more shoes to arrive before the batch was large enough to send.
Payment & Collection
- Payment must be made when you leave your shoes with us. You will be issued with a receipt. Your receipt is proof that you own the shoes left with us. You won’t be able to get your shoes back without your receipt.
- We will email you when your shoes are ready to be collected. You will then have 28 calendar days from the date we notified you to pick your shoes up. If you don’t come back to get your shoes within 28 days, we will keep them for a further 14 calendar days.
If you don’t pick your shoes up after 42 days of being notified that they are ready to be picked up then they will be put out with our rubbish collection or donated to a good cause. We will not keep shoes longer then 42 calendar days.
You accept and confirm that you will not be entitled to any refund or replacement of your shoes where you are notified and then don’t return to pick them up within the times stated above.
- If the repair is going to be delayed we will email you with the new date. Once we send the shoes to be repaired it’s out of our control and in the hands of the courier and shoe repair company.
If we cannot repair your shoes
- Not all shoes can be repaired. We aren’t a shoe repair company. We take your shoes and send them to a specialist climbing shoe repair company. They then carry out an inspection of your shoes and, if possible, repair them and send them back.
If the climbing shoe repair company believes they cannot repair your shoes, or that additional work will need to be carried out to enable the repair to be completed, we will email you and inform you of your options including additional repair times and costs.
Should you choose not to continue with the service, a processing and postage fee of €15 will be charged and the shoes will be returned to you without any repairs having being undertaken.
Damage and Loss
- If your shoes are damaged during the transport or the repair service, then we reserve the right to repair the damage at our own cost. If the damage caused by transport or repair service cannot be repaired adequately or your shoes are lost, we will offer a replacement product. If an exact replacement is not available, we will offer an alternative that is similar in product specification and price to the original as possible within the standard stock range we hold as a business.
- We stock a limited range of climbing shoes. We do not stock every make and model of shoe and you acknowledge and confirm that you do not expect and will not entitled to receive a replacement shoe which matches the make or model of shoe which was damaged or lost.
- If the alternative is not acceptable to you, we will offer you a refund based on the price you paid for the shoes on a sliding scale based on the age of the shoes and their original purchase value as set out below. Evidence of purchase and sales price must be provided to be eligible for a refund.
- Less than 2 years 60% of the purchase price
- 2-3 years 50% of the purchase price
- 3-4 years 40% of the purchase price
- 4-5 years 30% of the purchase price
- Over 5 years 20% of the purchase price
- Over 10 Years 10% of the purchase price
- By using the climbing shoe repair service, you acknowledge that we will use your data for the purpose of processing your repair.
- You confirm that you agree to be contacted with updates on the progress of your repair. Where your repair cannot be carried out as requested and we will contact you to confirm how you wish to proceed or that your shoes cannot be repaired.