For 14 to 17 year old’s, our instructors will help them develop more advanced skills. Our coaching classes run from 6 to 7pm every Friday, and 5 to 6pm every Monday. Climbers who can climb at least our orange circuit can join our Junior Climbing Squad (for more details about our Junior Squad please talk to Alan or Ciaran).
- Length: Each session lasts for 1 hour.
- Over 14 year olds who have satisfied our test below, may climb unsupervised.
- Price: It costs €15 per session.
- Ages: Coaching is for 14 to 17 year olds.
- Parental consent: All participants must have parental consent forms filled in which can be found here.
- Parents: Do not need to remain in the centre for the duration of the course.
Climbers who are between the ages of 14 and 17 may climb unsupervised at the Wall, once we are satisfied that they are mature and experienced enough to climb on their own safely and provided:
- Their parents have signed a disclaimer (which can be found here) allowing them to climb unsupervised and they have either.
- Attended at least 4 sessions at the Wall’s coaching sessions.
Climbers who are 14 or over, but who do not meet the criteria above must be accompanied by an instructor.
After 6pm Monday to Friday
After 6pm the wall is mainly for use by adults. Climbers under the age of 14, or climbers who are 14 or over, but who do not meet the criteria above, must be accompanied by an instructor. Unfortunately, because the wall can be very busy after 6pm an instructor is necessary and we will only be able to accommodate children where they have booked in advance.